Dry, chapped and rough skin
All day, every day, our skin does a miraculous job of looking after us, sheilding us from the stresses of the wider world. But sometimes life takes its toll on our skin, and it can easily become dry, chapped and rough, or become sensitive to environmental irritants. This can be uncomfortable and leave you vulnerable to skin irritation and infection, as germs can get into the small fissures on the skin’s surface. That’s why we’ve developed our scientifically-researched formulas to give your hardworking skin a helping hand.
What causes dry, chapped and rough skin?
Dry, chapped and rough skin are all caused by a lack of moisture and fat in the epidermis (the outer layer of the skin), and is most common on the hands, elbows, shins, heels and face. Factors which can influence your skin include:
- Cold weather
- Air conditioning (dry air conditioned air can dehydrate the skin)
- Friction from rough fabrics and surfaces
- Hormonal changes such as menopause
- Ageing (which naturally reduces the skin’s moisture content)
- Exposing your skin for long periods of time in chlorinated water
- Hot baths and showers
Preventing dry, chapped and rough skin
- Adopt a skin care routine. Regularly use moisturizer on your whole body, especially on areas of skin that are prone to dryness, roughness and chapping.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated.
- Do not use soap or aggressive chemicals on the skin. Your skin care routine should include mild or hypoallergenic skin products and cleansers.
- Do not shower more often than you need to, and keep the water temperature lukewarm instead of hot.
- Avoid exposing the skin to extreme cold, rain, sun or wind to avoid skin irritation.
- Treating dry, chapped and rough skin with Bepanthen SensiDaily Moisturizer
No matter how careful you are to prevent dry, chapped or rough skin, some people are simply more prone to skin irritation than others, and when it happens, it’ll need effective treatment.
Our Bepanthen SensiDaily Moisturizer helps give you the relief you need. Its active ingredient pro-vitamin B5 promotes the natural healing process by stimulating the regeneration of new skin cells, giving your skin a helping hand in what it does best. Pro-vitamin B5 also creates a protective film over the skin, stopping moisture from escaping, preventing further drying, and together with the probiotics in the formula it helps to stop bacteria and other irritants from permeating the skin.
Apply Bepanthen SensiDaily Moisturizer with clean hands several times a day, or as often as needed.
What to Do About Eczema on My Face?
Eczema is most common in areas with a low ‘skin barrier reserve’ (areas with more vulnerable skin), which is why many people suffer from eczema around their face and neck.
Can Stress Cause Eczema
Stress is a broad term that encompasses a number of different emotions such as anxiety, low mood, depression, even panic, resulting in a general feeling of negativity.
ASC Reference No.: B016P012221BS